ICE Cotton Futures Hit A 150 Year High Of &Nbsp; Boosted By Speculative Buying.
According to New York February 10th, ICE cotton (34070420.00,1.25%) futures hit a new high after the US Civil War on Thursday. Funds and cotton mills continue to catch up because of tight global supply.
According to New York February 10th, ICE
(34070420.00,1.25%) futures hit a new high after the US Civil War on Thursday. Funds and cotton mills continue to catch up because of tight global supply.
Analysts say that by a large number of investment funds and speculative buying boost, the next few days will hit the $2 mark per pound.
Cotton is the best R/J commodity index. In 2010 cotton performance was also very eye-catching, up 90%.
Index ICE3 cotton contract rose 7 cents, or daily limit, at $1.8758 a pound, the highest price since the American Civil War.
Preliminary figures show that the total turnover is about 37600 hands, which is about 2/3 higher than that of the 30 day.
Nick Gentile, an analyst at Atlantic Capital Advisors, said, "the rise in cotton futures seems endless.
Because demand growth is faster than supply, it's as simple as that. "
It said cotton prices have risen more than 1/3 since mid January because they are eager to lock in supplies because of the purchase of overseas cotton mills.
The supply of cotton in the US is tight enough to provide support for the market.
The United States is the largest in the world.
Market participants expect us to forecast more than 95% of the 18 million 320 thousand package output this year.
Mike Stevens, independent cotton analyst, said China's drought speech and India cotton export opportunities "gradually disappeared" to help the market.
"In the current situation, it is only when we break through the $2, not the problem."
Since this week, cotton futures have been trading on average every day, and on Wednesday they broke through the intraday high of $1.8229 in February 2nd. Since Monday, the market has risen 11.7%, the biggest four day gain since last December.
Market participants will be concerned about the report of the US Department of agriculture's report on planting intentions released in March 31st to see whether the rise in cotton prices will stimulate farmers to sow more cotton.
The National Cotton Association said the U.S. cotton planting area will reach 12 million 500 thousand acres in 2011, but most analysts think the data will be higher, as cotton prices begin to rise since the middle of this month.
This month's Beltwide Cotton Conference survey shows that in 2011, the sown area of US cotton will reach 1248-1253 acres, a five year high, and an increase of 15% over the 11 million 40 thousand acre last year.
- Related reading
Nanhua Futures: PTA Refresh Again|
Strong External Trading Limit To Stimulate The Domestic Market Continues To Rise|
PTA Is Facing Adjustment Pressure Recently.|
PTA Is Not Taller But Higher.|
- City Express | Deep Foundation: Deputy Secretary Of The Municipal Party Committee And Mayor Chang Shuming In Samsung Clothing Research
- News Republic | Samsung Garment As A Practical Training Base For College Students, Does Not Forget To Take The Initiative To Provide Internship Opportunities For Graduates.
- brand building | Remember The Mission Of Jinzhong City People'S Congress To The Samsung Garment Expansion Project Base Research
- Dress culture | Non Heritage Culture: General Tiger Appeared In The 2019 "ABC Cup", The First Jinzhong City Vocational Skills Competition.
- Dress culture | The Inheritance And Development Of The Handicraft Skills Of The Heritage Culture "General Tiger" Won The Entrepreneurial Award.
- Company news | Devotees Of The Great Parade: Shanxi Bing Juan Garment Co., Ltd. Successfully Completed The National Day Military Parade Production Task.
- Fashion brand | G-SHOCK (CASIO) X CONVERSE TOKYO New Joint List Will Be Landed Next Month.
- Fashion brand | Chao Card 424 X Arsenal (A Senna) Joint Gentlemen Clothing Series Released
- Fabric accessories | Leading The New Trend Of Wool Industry, The Eighteenth "Weaving Trade Fair" Will Be Held In November.
- Fashion blog | The Main Trend Of Autumn And Winter Is Western-Style Clothes, Loose Trousers, Big Shoulder Suits And Retro Costumes.
- The Five Type Of Workplace White-Collar Workers Will Be Willing To Raise Salaries.
- Rich Wives, Big Gorgeous High Heels Show
- Andy Lau, Gong Li, &Nbsp, Happy Friends, Fashion Show.
- Venture Capital Investment Management Agreement
- Nanhua Futures: PTA Refresh Again
- What Certificates Should Be Provided By Employees' Welfare Benefits?
- Strong External Trading Limit To Stimulate The Domestic Market Continues To Rise
- Sales Must Be Overbearing.
- Converse Launched Rabbit Special Edition Shoes
- Open Sugar Free Food Store &Nbsp; Big Market Demand.